Friday 24 April 2009

a few pics

Ok just a quickie....Thought i'd post a couple photo's for ya'll until I can sit down to blog properly!

Easter weekend Jason and I went up north to the middle of nowhere to spend some time in the peace and quiet. Literally. We were so isolated that you couldn't hear the main road, there were no houses to be seen in any direction and the only other noise you could hear were the wildlife in the nearby valley (which, at night time, sound awfully like people walking around!!)

Jason has cured me of a couple of my fears since coming to Oz. My huge fear being that I've watched too many horror films and lets face it, where we were staying was the perfect setting for my imagination to start going crazy. Bless him on Friday night, I wouldn't go anywhere without him going first (LOL yep, including the bathroom!) By Sunday night I was taking crazy walks in the dark on my own, even walking through the shack on my own with no lights on. One fear down, a few others to go!

I'm slowly getting better on the spider front too. I have, in the past 2 weeks, been up close and personal with a red back (a dangerous spidey) and a Huntsman (which are just HUGE and FURRY!)

Anyway, going off track now....here are some photo's from our weekend!



The moon, which was so much closer and not hidden by any crappy clouds...




Our kitchen for the weekend....




The Shack...




Alligator Gorge, a beautiful place at the Flinders Ranges...





Rhona out.

2 Comments:

  1. Chrispy said...
    ok even though your kitchen is worse than mine... at least you can use it to the best abilities!!!! lol
    Jules said...
    Well done on conquering a few of your fears! Maybe you should watch less horror movies... :D

Post a Comment