Wednesday 8 July 2009

I haven't blogged in a while (I am beginning to sound like a broken record with that opening sentence!) It's not that I forget to blog, it's just that sometimes don't have anything to say (I know, shock horror, right?!)

Nothing that interesting has happened in the past few weeks - apart from the big news that i'm going to Vegas! Yeah baby!! My friend is getting married next July (in a hotel, not a drive through!) and so i'm totally going to be going for support! I sooooo can't wait! The big bright lights, the jaw-dropping sights...and the chance to meet my Ashton Kutcher (if you've seen What Happens in Vegas, you'll know what I mean). Going to spend a few days there then go travelling to either Phoenix to stay with my cousin (if he'll have me!) or to LA to rub shoulders with famous people! I can't wait!

So how about all the MJ hype? I was gutted when I heard. I actually had tickets to go to London to see him. Oh well, there won't be a trip for me in September! I watched part of the memorial concert last night. I wasn't upset or anything until his daughter spoke at the end...gosh I was bawling my eyes out after that!

I'm having a little creative spurt at the moment. I've written a couple of songs, and i'm now in the mood to start writing a novel. But i'm lacking the inspiration on the theme/topic. Any suggestions or ideas? Help would be appreciated! And if I finish it and it gets published then I'll remember to thank you in it!

Anyway, best do some work. Just been told by a colleague that the current generation of doctors and interns at the local hospital are pretty hot - i'm now thinking about going back and doing nursing. I'm actually a bit serious about this - everyone tells me I have the right nature to work as a nurse, and its always been something that's been on my mind. Hmmm opinions?

OK that's a pretty eclectic blog right there. Hehe sorry!


Rhona out.

2 Comments:

  1. Jules said...
    How am I supposed to comment on all of that at once?! Numbers of course...

    1) Vegas is going to be SO much fun, I envy you!! Its great to have that kind of big event to look forward to isn't it. I love holidays.

    2) Its a shame about MJ, I'm just disliking all the distasteful jokes coming out about it. I know it will continue for a long time with conspiracy theories and all of that rubbish too. Why can't people just let things go?

    3) As for the novel, the only advice I can give RE theme/topic is just to write about something close to your heart, something you might have experience in. Those make the best novels in my opinion. You can obviously detatch it from yourself, it doesnt have to be an autobio!

    4) Ooh nursing?? Yes I can see you as a nurse. It will however take determination to get through all of the training and i've heard once you get there the pay ain't all that great so it depends what your priorities are! No chance of carrying on in the legal stuff you were doing?

    5) Because 4 numbers just doesn't seem enough... I'll have to make up a fifth. Errrrr... so no trip to go see MJ in Sept, how about a trip to see JG and baby G instead?! Or can you not afford it now you're splashing out on Vegas?
    RB said...
    Haha you are just too organised Twinny!!

    I agree with you on the MJ front - it's just so sad how they are coming up with allegations about his children being his, etc. The press are not helping - why can't they just leave him and his alone?

    Yep, i've started to put bits and pieces together and habe got the storyboard all together in my head. Watch this space for a pulitzer award! Not sure if that's the right award, but sounded good!

    Yeah nursing is a thought thats always been in my mind and I think the job would really suit me. It's just the fact that I would have to go back to student living...with no money! That scares me! My priorities seem to be shifting recently though, so who knows!

    I'm pretty sure i'll be able to make a wee trip down south, though would prolly be friday night to sunday as I don't have much holiday days left :( Sis is wanting me to visit her aswell, so will have to come up with a plan of attack!

    Twin x

Post a Comment