Tuesday 10 February 2009

It's Tuesday morning. I'm knackered. I've had one heck of a weekend (in a good way) and one hellish Sunday night/Monday morning. You wanna know why...ok, i'll tell you all.

So weekend was spent with my twinny in Essex. Was fabby! My flight on Sunday night was due to get into Edinburgh at 2210. I was in Edinburgh at that time, but circling overhead as the stupid airport decided to close because of the bad weather. This unfortunately meant that we would be diverted to another airport. We couldn't go to Glasgow (the nearest) as they had already received too many diverts so we were told it would either be Newcastle or Belfast! In the end, it was decided on Newcastle, so a swift U-turn later and we were on our way back down south. By the time we landed in Newcastle it was closer to midnight than 2210. We then couldn't disembark the plane as the terminal was too busy - so an HOUR later we had shuttle buses take us to the terminal...where we stood waiting for another 20 minutes for them to let us into the arrivals where there were 6 coaches waiting to take us the 2 hour journey north to Edinburgh.

So, on we piled to the waiting coaches and 2 hours later we arrived at Edinburgh Airport - at 0345!! I then I had to wait 15 minutes for a taxi to show up to take me home. Soo....got home just after 0430. Fun, I hear you say.....really NOT. I then had to try to explain to my work why I wasn't going to be in in the morning, which they were none too pleased at (which is sort of understandable after having a week off sick prior to the weekend - I had the flu - see previous blog!)

Anyway, back at work now, photo's of weekend are uploaded on FB and it's now just 3 weeks til I go to Australia (and more importantly, 2 weeks til I finish up at work!)

Whilst I was in Essex, we took a day trip to Colchester Zoo. Although my English buddies were complaining of the cold (they just can't hack the weather, which was warm by my standards!), it was an ace day! I have posted the following picture as it was an amazing moment, and one I'll probably not see again in my lifetime. This Tiger was just sitting looking at the path ahead of him (probably eyeing up his next dinner) and didn't mind that the 3 of us were taking photo's of it. We happened upon him when no-one else was around so we got him all to ourselves! Just simply stunning. His friend came over when we were there, so i've put his picture here too (credit to Jules for the latter).





0 Comments:

Post a Comment