Wednesday 17 December 2008

The Art of Screwing...

My alarm never woke me up this morning, no siree, it was my phone telling me I had a text message from my australian friend (who I am going to stay with in March) asking me what time it was (honestly!) and whether I was able to talk. Although I appreciated the gesture of wanting to talk to me, it was 4.30am and I was slightly worried. So I phoned him on my way to work. G'day was his salutation to me. Stereotypical. All was well, he seemingly just wanted to chat (most unlike him), so after reminding me it was 30 degrees over there and he was about to go swimming in his pool, I trudged on through the wind and rain to the bus stop. His 4.30am wake up call must've put me on the right note, as it wasn't until I had sat down next to random stranger to share personal space with, I realised that I didn't have my mp3 player with me, NOR did I have my book. Great! I resorted to texting my friends, and in turn being their personal alarm clock (you can pay me later).

Lucky for me, as I strolled onto the street where I work, my roof fitter's van was back again from yesterday...and so was my little roof fitter (yay!!) So i've had a fun day of exchanging glances...is it so wrong that the wee gadgey is growing on me. The terms "wee" makes me think that he is not very tall, but he's taller than me. That reminds me of a saying i say to my friend (who has a thing bout dating men that are shorter than her)..."Tis better to have loved a short man, than to have never loved a tall". Hahahaha that cracks me up!

I've just had a meeting with my so-called work and they have "advised" me that i'm not going to be offered a contract (i'm a lowly temp at the moment) until after xmas...which means I won't get paid for the period in between xmas and new year. I am completely getting screwed over and there's nothing I can do about it. The agency are avoiding me like the plague and it's 3 months until I set sail (or rather, wings) for oz-land. Great!

But on the plus, I have my mental health. Oh and my roof fitter. And my cat. I'm sorted in life, right!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment