Friday 2 January 2009

2009

First off, Happy New Year!

I've not blogged in a while, perhaps I've just not had anything interesting to write about!

I'm sitting in my house just now, it's just after 1pm and i'm still not dressed. I've just gutted the house (as my mum is coming home today) and discovered that my cat (who is quite old now) must've been sitting on the window sill during the night and didn't quite make it to the floor to be sick. NIIIICE!! The sick was right down the radiator and splattered on the floor! Hahaha, I know what you're saying - thanks for sharing that with me Rho! Hehehe sharing is caring you know! Anyway, it's all cleared up now.

I'm listening to a compilation cd that I made up this morning. Keith Urban is on just now. He's the Country singer dude that's married to Nicole Kidman. Man, he is goooood! I know I am biast as I am a huge country fan, but really, you should listen to him.

My new year was quite quiet. I went to a church party in Gorebridge. The pews were emptied from the church and tables were put round the outside and so it was really good. It was mostly ceilidh dancing, but I didn't really get an opportunity to dance as it seemed I was permanent babysitter for my 7 month old nephew. I swear, I've had that much practice I could be a mother without any hassle. There was about 10 mins of "disco" dancing, which I managed to get up and boogie down to...was quite funny. Everyone was on the floor dancing (including the minister and his wife) and after a medley of Abba songs, YMCA came on, to which my sister, brother in law and I just looked at each other and burst out laughing saying, how innapropriate a song to be played in church! Was hilarious to see the WHOLE church doing the signs for YMCA and singing along at the top of their lungs. Really made my night I have to say!

I have decided to make only 1 resolution this year, which I'm hoping I'll keep. That is, to be less of a procrastinator and more of a "do it now" girl. Also, to have more confidence in myself to know that I can take chances and risk things, even when I don't know what the outcome is going to be. If I don't do it, then I'll never know. Less fear, more courage. That's going to be my 2009 motto! To rely on nobody to make my decisions for me, to know that I am capable of so more more than what I assume I can do. So, umm...actually that's quite a few resolutions there. Ooops!

Right i'm going to go and watch some Stevie. Laters!

1 Comment:

  1. Jules said...
    Cat sick, country music and cheesy songs. Some of my favourite things, thanks for sharing. :P Hehe!

    Glad you had a good time for New Year. Should have been visiting me tho!!

    Those are some good resolutions to have. I know you want to make your decisions without relying on someone else to make them for you, but don't forget there are people out there who will help support you in decisions you make and give advise etc. :)

Post a Comment