Friday 6 March 2009

Well!  Here's my first post from Adelaide!  Jason is still out with his friends and to stop me worrying too much about him (long story and will become apparent in due course) I thought I would come online and catch everyone up (and take my mind off the worrying!)


So the flights were ok actually.  There was only one moment on the Singapore to Adelaide flight that they had to put the seatbelt sign on cos of turbulence, other than that they were pretty uneventful.  I must've looked like a lost lamb wondering aimlessly through the airports cos I had no clue about what I was doing!!  Haha!

So Jason was waiting for me at the other end (yay!) and we made it home (double yay!)  Of course, my flight got in at 7.30am but my body was still on UK time so I thought it was late evening, so when I was offered a beer I said YES!!  It was 10am!  It never occured to me until it hit 12 that it was as early as it was and by that time we'd had about 3 beers each.  I decided to bring the sensible side out of me and I decided that we were going to go for a walk.  Jason lives in a beautiful part of the suburb of Westbourne Park.  The houses were just amazing and when we were walking around catching up on the past 6 years it felt like we had been doing that kind of thing forever and there hadn't been an absence of 6 years of not seeing each other!  It was really nice.

By 7.30pm I was beginning to not be able to open my eyes.  I finally gave up fighting the tiredness at 8.30pm - they say to try to resist going to bed until your normal time then getting up in the morning so that your body is disrupted as less as possible.

So off I trotted to bed at half 8 and Jason tapped on my door 5 mins later to say that he was going to go round the corner to meet his friend for a drink...fine by me, i'm sure sitting in on a Friday night whilst I was in bed sleeping didn't appeal too much.  So off he trotted to the pub!  I was in the middle of quite a deep sleep when knocking on a door woke me.  First I thought it was Jason back and was knocking on my door again, but realised it was too loud and too distant.  It soon occurred to me that it was his front door.  It was 11.30pm.  Jason lives in a unit on the first floor.  He has a screen door then a wooden door as his main front door.  I hadn't heard the screen door opening, but there was no mistaking that the thundering was coming from his door.  So I quietly cacked my pants in the bedroom, with the lights still switched off.  It did cross my mind that it was Jason and he had forgotten his keys, so he would phone my phone.  The knocking stopped and I heard the screen door close, but there was no phone call.  Then no more than 2 minutes later I heard the screen door open and again, loud bangings on it.  Then, knocking on his windows began.  I think it's fair to say that I was having a mini heart attack, all my spidey senses were tingling and the adrenaline was pumping.  I was just deliberating what to do when my heart stopped - they had tried the front door to see if it was open.  If the door was unlocked and they got in, I really didn't know what to do.  Luckily the door was locked, the knocking stopped and after 10 minutes of sitting rock-like still in the dark, I phoned Jason.  Yep, he was still in the pub so definitely wasn't him.  He was concerned that I was concerned and said that he was going to come back, but I was fine so told him to stay out and have a good time.  He had joked that if he has forgotten his keys, he'll stand in front of his unit and sing "our song" so that I knew it was him.  Well, it's 3.50am and no sign.  Of course, if any of you know me, you will know that I've watched my fair share of horrors in my time, and right now my imagination is running wild.  I managed to get back to sleep after my heart beat normalised, but was woken abruptly (i'm all nervy now) by what sounded like the screen door opening again.  No sign of him, so naturally my imagination is telling me that whoever it was earlier has been waiting and he's been jumped/taken.  At what point do I really start worrying?  I can't sleep now (which has knocked my jet lag again!)  He's a grown man, so do I worry at all??

Note for Mum & David - You say that i'll understand the worry you go through when I'm not back til all hours and don't contact you when I have kids of my own.  Well tonight, although Jason is not my child, I fully appreciate the worry that you might go through - sorry about that!

Ok, 3.55am - hmmm do I phone him??  I think i'll leave it til 4.30.  I wouldn't normally worry, but after the whole knocking on the door and trying to get in (to which Jason has no idea who would do that and has never happened before), my imagination is on overload,

So that's my update so far.  I think i'll go clean our dishes from today (well, yesterday now).  People say that cleaning is therapeutic (can't say that I come under the "people" catagory, but I'll give it a shot!

I'll keep ya'll updated!

"Welcome to Australia!"

Rhona out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment