Monday 9 March 2009

Good morning world...it is me...Rhona!  Haha, that was such a good book - anyone remember that?  I think it was Sheila and not Rhona though.  Hmmm sufficiently random start!


Not blogged in a few days and my fan base has started emailing me to ask why!  General summary of the past couple days coming up!

It's been absolutely gorgeous here.  Yesterday it was 30 degrees.  That's hot!  I could definitely get used to this weather though!  We went for a hike up Waterfall Gully on Saturday.  Jason was a bit tame in his description of it though and we lasted around half an hour before I literally said NO MORE!  It was scorching heat and I think he forgot that I told him I didn't do hills!  We walked back down to the car and went to the end of the hike (Mount Lofty) and looked out over the whole of Adelaide.  The view was simply stunning!  When I have my phone up and running on the pc i'll shove some pictures up.  On Sunday night we went back to see the city in the night time.  It completely took my breath away!  In the sky there were so many stars that i would never have seen in the UK.  It was absolutely awesome!

Jason found my hairbrush yesterday.  Because I have long hair, I use a paddle brush so its quite big and quite flat.  He took this as an invitation to start hitting me with it.  Not good!  He completely took me by surprise and although I was peeing myself laughing...it was blinking sore!  Of course this is his new party trick.....thoughts on revenge via comments please!  

It's 7am in Adelaide and I am up and awake (wtf!!)  I've had a very good night's sleep and am ready to tackle the city!  Well, i'm actually not going to be today though.  J is back at work so my plan today is to go to the end of the street to Woolworth's (yep, they ain't in administration over here!) and get some food shopping done.  We were meant to do it yesterday, but it was a public holiday in Adelaide because there was a race on (sort of like our Ascot) and the city was shut down for it!  I wish it was like that in the UK!  This meant that all the shops were closed aswell.  Instead we went out to some Pancake cafe-type-place and had a German Breakfast, which consisted of pancakes, sausages, eggs and bacon.  It was lovely!  We then went for a walk around Adelaide Botanical Gardens.  I will be the first to admit that sometimes I do think that one tree looks like them all, but the trees here were pretty amazing!  AND...I came face to face (well more accurately, foot to foot) with my first big spider!  AND I didn't scream!  I was quite calm actually for having noticed it just as it was right close to my foot!  It had been paralysed by a native wasp (they're bigger than our wasps) and was being dragged back to the wasp's nest!  The spider was apparently a Huntsman spider (according to my tour guide, J) although that sort of means nothing to me.  All I noticed was that it was big!  

We came back to the house and ended up watching some TV.  I think it's quite ironic that I come to Adelaide and we ended up watching Michael McIntyre, Top Gear and The Mighty Boosh!  WTF!?  Shouldn't we be watching Neighbours or Home & Away!?

I think I might go back to bed for a couple hours.  I'm only up because Jason woke me to say goodbye and to give me his house keys so i'd not be isolated to here only.  Hmmm a good read of a book for 20 mins and i'm sure i'll drop right off again.

Rhona out.

1 Comment:

  1. Jules said...
    That does all sound very British! You need to be throwing another shrimp on the barbie, surely?!

Post a Comment